Whoever came up with the term "sleeping like a baby" never ever ever ever had kids!
So now that Ashlynn is nine months old and daddy and I are like the walking dead on most days, we decided to consult a sleep training specialist. Now we (I) have read books and tried things we were told by the pediatrician, but NOTHING was working. Well I went to this class on sleep training and left the baby home with her daddy (awe that felt nice), and listened for a few hours on what to do and what to maybe not do. Also we took a quiz to find out what kind of baby we have, and to no surprise...we have a touchy baby. LOL.
So we read all the stuff I was given and discussed things between ourselves for a few days and then...we began sleep training. Night one, was not as bad as I would have thought, night two was a little rocky, but by night three, things were going pretty well. Now, getting up once a night for 10 minutes seemed like heaven by now! Well we kept going and waiting as the sleep specialist said there would be a regression around the one week mark. Surprise, we found our one week mark, it was a yucky night and took 40 minutes to get Ash back to sleep and it was 4am! Well we have now completed ten nights of sleep training...and the jusry is still out but I THINK things look promising. We are enjoying getting sleep, well long stretches of sleep that is.
I'm getting too old for this!
No comments:
Post a Comment