Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Personality

Ashlynn is developing quite the personality. She is growing more and more independent by the day. This new found independence brings its own battles of course as she decides that she and only she can dress and undress herself. While I am all for supporting her new independence, I do not believe that mornings are a good time for her to pursue such things :) hahaha. I do wish her independence included walking on her own two feet and not being carried or even entertaining herself while I cook dinner would be nice.
Our vocabulary is increasing and she is starting to use words without being asked. Daycare is going well and we just had our first school pictures made. The kid is really quite a hoot. Everyday when we get home she insists on riding in her "beep beep" the car she got for her birthday. She LOVES riding in this car, EVEN in the rain. hahahahaha, yep, daddy takes her riding in her beep beep in the rain sometimes.
Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day here in Seattle! It was 70 and sunny, so rare for this time of year. Last night after getting home, Ashlynn and I played outside for one and a half hours before going inside. We rode our beep beep, did some weeding in our flower bed, ate dinner WHILE riding our beep beep!

Ally is still doing great in school. She is still in band and playing the saxophone, though she got a violin for Christmas and wants to learn that too. She is going on a band trip in May or June I believe to Orlando so that should be fun. She is on student council also. She got accepted into a nursing program at her high school for next year and she is excited about that! From what she tells me, after completing the course during high school, she will only have to go to school for another two years to get her RN degree.

Lets see...what else is going on...
Well, nothing I can think of.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment