Cancer can't defeat me! I'm going to kick it's butt!
Earlier in the year I felt a knot on the left side of my chest. I went to the Dr. And they said come back if I notice a change. A few months ago, I noticed it was changing in shape. I made an appointment with my primary care Dr for my yearly physical. My Dr. was concerned with what she felt and told me to go get a mammogram and chest ultrasound. This was August 13th. On Monday the 18th, I went in for my mammogram and ultrasound. They were not happy with what they saw and immediately did a needle biopsy. On Tuesday the 19th, I got the phone call confirming breast cancer. That was terrifying! Ryan came and picked me up from work and we went home. I took the following day Wednesday off from work. I was sent in for a MRI on Wednesday which if you have never had one, is crazy scary! On Thursday afternoon we met with my surgeon to find out the steps to take to recovery. We were informed that I have stage 1 intermediate breast cancer. Today, Monday I met with a geneticist to have blood drawn to see if I carry some cancer gene. On Tuesday September 2nd I will have a lumpectomy and follow that up with 6 weeks of radiation. I have turned my mind and body over to God and I know he will see me through.
I am ready for my journey.
Here are some pics of my biopsy site.


No comments:
Post a Comment