Monday, October 20, 2014

Body and soul

I'm sitting here in bed listening to the rain, it's such a relaxing sound and I love listening to it pounding on my window.

Today, I went to a class about how to care for yourself while going through chemo, skin care, hair care, makeup, and the what to do/not to do stuff. I met two women who were both stage IV and going through this for the second time. They were both so very nice and had such positive personalities which I loved. We laughed together and learned things together and it was a pretty cool class. And...I went to the dentist today :)

Also today, I cut off all my hair in preparation for my hair loss. I'm trying to make the transition for us all a little easier :) Ryan and Ashlynn both seem to like my new look, though I'm not sure if I'm wild about it yet. My scalp has started feeling achy/tingly so I expect the hair loss to start in the next couple of weeks. Once it starts falling out, I plan to shave it rather than deal with the hair all over the place. 

Before

After (sorry it's wet)



I am developing quite the collection of scars and what not on my journey. I now have 3. They will always remind me of strength! Yes. I'm still pretty bruised up from having my port placed TWO weeks ago. The bump under the scar on my right side is my port. The port is how they give me my chemo infusions so they don't have to access the veins in my arm every week. Having the port sure makes things easier, and it will have that for at least 1 year. 



I'm sick with a sore throat right now and it's pretty crappy, just wanted to share that with you all. 

Tomorrow Ashlynn goes back to the GI specialist and hopefully they will do some test now or schedule some tests for her to find out why the poor girl has such a hard time with poop. I feel so bad for her when she crys and says it hurts to go potty. You would think that as much ex lax and miralax that girl is on that she would poop like a champ...but that's not the case. Wish us luck in finding answers. 



4 comments:

  1. I like the do! Please continue writing as long as you are feeling up to it. I come here to check on you. Hugs,Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle! I hope to write through it all. I hope I can inspire younger women to self check

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new hair cut will sure cut down drying time!! You look cute in any length anyway. Sorry you're feeling puny on top of all else. Did they start the new chemo drug today? You are one strong lady....Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, today was much better, I will try to write after Ashlynn goes to bed :)
      love you

      Delete