Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chemo session #1

Lets get this party started! Here I am waiting to get my port placed. 7:30am

 
Here are Ryan and I waiting for my first chemo session! Aren't we pretty?! You like my port bandages?

 
Oh, and I'm learning to knit! hahaha
 
 
Next step was heading back to have a seat in my lovely recliner. The nurse talked to us about what was going to happen, blah blah, blah and then we started the first drug.
 
 
All hooked up and hanging out. We played cards for a bit but then the Benadryl started kicking in and I needed to sleep. Ryan came over and cuddled up in the chair with me and we tried to take a nap.

 
 
BUT...then came the allergic reaction to the meds (Taxol)! My throat started itching, then I couldn't breath, (they tell me face was the color of Santa's suit), my heart was racing, blood pressure shot through the roof! I hit the nurse call button, made Ryan get up and the 8 nurses were running at me! They hooked me up to oxygen, and shot me full of steroids and Benadryl. One nurse stood there holding the EPI pen just in case. It was FREAKING SCARY as hell not being able to breath! I NEVER want to go through that again! Poor Ryan was scared shitless too! Poor guy, I felt so bad for him.  We finally finished up at the hospital around 6:30pm
 
1 down...11 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your reaction, but glad you had some johnny-on-the-spot nurses to help. I took up knitting few years ago when I quit smoking....just FYI, Lion Brand Yarn has a great website with alot of free patterns for all skill levels (www.lionbrand.com) Know that we are thinking of you and sending hugs and prayers to all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete