Monday, December 8, 2014

Oh Sunday, Oh Sunday your warmer weather is delightful

So having a two year old, especially a very "spirited" one, will keep you on your toes. Everyday things become a little more challenging. Ashlynn is already learning the art of stalling (and is pretty good at it). It seems like almost every time we put her to bed now, we hear "I poop my pants" so we have to clean her up and start all over again. Ashlynn loves to wear her big girl panties and is almost fully potty trained at school. Home, well that is a different story entirely. She will not poop in the potty, go potty at church or go potty in public bathrooms (she is afraid of the noise when the potty flushes), so we still have a long way to go.
Everyone tells me that since Ashlynn is so "spirited" she will be such a great kid later on and be super smart. They say that her demanding so much attention now means she will be an eager learner in years to come. I try to remind myself of these things as I parent her.
Ashlynn really is a sweet loveable girl and she loves to give "cuddles" and has a great smile. I love her so much! Please don't think I am complaining.
I find so much happiness watching Ashlynn play with our neighbors kids, they are so funny to watch. She and Lucas were holding hands last night as we went for a walk around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. Then Lucas and Ashlynn ran in circles while Ashlynn yelled for her daddy to run too. We had such a fun time. We don't get to have outdoor playtime much in the evenings anymore as it's so dark so early here.

No comments:

Post a Comment