Thursday, March 26, 2015

Life as we know it

Oh goodness, life has been crazy and busy so I am sorry for there being no updates.

We are all alive and doing ok.

Cancer update: I say my radiation oncologist Monday and got the all clear from her. Yesterday I saw my medical oncologist and got 2 new prescriptions. I started those today. One of them is Tamoxifen and I will take that daily for 5 years! This is supposed to be a crazy weird drug. Supposedly it will block estrogen to some of my body tissue (breasts) and provide estrogen to other tissue in my body. I am not aloud to really take estrogen (or much of it) since my cancer was estrogen positive. On Monday I go in for my second echocardiogram to check and make sure things are going ok with my heart and that there are no changes. (this is because the Herceptin I take every 3 weeks can cause serious heart problems) We will test me again to make sure I am still cancer free in 5 months.
My hair is growing back thick and dark and grey!

Ashlynn is doing good. Yesterday at school they had her write her name and trace some letters and she did really well. I hope to try it at home tonight with her. She has been visiting the early preschool class a few days a week when there are openings. We bought her a bike and it will be here on Monday, and she is super excited. We took her to a gymnastics class last weekend and she must of really liked it because she keeps asking to go back!!

Well, that our life right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment