Here we are 9 months after my 12 weeks of weekly chemo and 1 week before my last Herceptin treatment on the 30th (I have been getting these every 3 weeks for the last year).
I am currently on a three week break from my Tamoxifen (hormone therapy I am supposed to do for 5 years) to see if that is what is causing my current side effects.
Currently I am feeling like my body has aged about 20+ years. I suffer from bone pain, joint pain, horrible fatigue, drippy nose, headaches, brain fog, short term memory loss, menopause, constipation, and I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting.
Caner was scary and treatment wasn't exactly a lot of fun, but here I am a little more than a year after diagnosis. My hair is growing back curly and crazy! I'm almost finished with all the chemo. Today I live with the fear of every ache and pain and the chances of them being the return of my cancer.
It's a scary place to be even when the Dr.'s tell you that your chances are only about 20% for return. There is no way to know for sure.
I do know that God will see me and my family through no matter what the outcome is.
On the 30th I have my final treatment of chemo and find out what the next year looks like in terms of tests for me.
On Dec. 30th I have my first surgery for reconstruction. I am having a Latisimus Dorsi Flap surgery. It's a 3 1/2 hour surgery with 2 nights and 3 days in the hospital. 3-4 weeks off work and no lifting for a month. This is going to be major surgery as they will be taking part of my back muscle and putting it in my chest.
That is about all the update I have for now :)
You have had a grueling year which you have handled with grace despite the full plate you already had...carry on sweet girl!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you :)
Delete