We had a crazy thunderstorm here a few days ago, which was AWESOME, there was even thunder and lightening! These types of storms are pretty rare here so pardon my excitement. I have discovered that a few of my plants did not love the storm as much as I did however. My poor lemon cucumber plant died, just plain old died. My tomato plants and strawberry plants are beat to hell and back and my cilantro also got very angry. This all tells me there is a good reason why it should not storm like that but once in a blue moon. So sad that all my plants are now in major need of some tender loving care.
Ryan and I decided to undertake the job of tearing out our front lawn ourselves and reseeding so we can get some grass and get or lovely HOA off our asses. Well, its turned into a much harder job than either of us ever expected, but were almost done. I am just looking forward to green grass growing and being able to say...I did that!
The back yard...well that is a whole different story. We paid our landscaper at the end of May, it's now August and our yard is till NOT done! Don't even get me started on this topic though.
Ashlynn has a "fun" new thing she does to try and communicate, and it's driving us NUTS! She just stands and somewhat points and yells (loudly). So if she wants a toy and its out of reach, instead of walking over to get it, she just yells, like you are supposed to get it for her. I say nay nay! She is also getting where she doesn't want to eat her food, she only wants to eat the food off my plate, even though it's the same. I swear, kids these days are nuttier than ever :)
Today's lesson: always either be home by 11 am for Ashlynn to eat and nap or drive around until she is done napping. Going from a 2 1/2 hour nap everyday to a 30 minute nap today was HELL!
No comments:
Post a Comment