Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Week 2 (chemo day)

Alright boys and girls lets get started. 

Today I went in for my 2nd round of chemo. 

While waiting to see my Oncologist I did some knitting and even learned a new stitch. I am not doing to bad at this. Here is what I have done so far :) and yes I am proud!





Anyway, after seeing the Dr. I went for my chemo. I sat down in my big comfy green chair and had a snack while I waited for my nurse Matt (who was actually from Arkansas) to get me all hooked up tho my chemo machine and talk to me about my last allergic reaction last week. I then took my pre-meds (steroids and benadryl), this took about an hour. 



OH, and did I mention that I got a room with a view today? of rain?! hahaa


We then got my chemo started, he sat there with for about 15 minutes and we talked about tv shows and what not. We had my chemo drug running at 50% to see if I could take it. I was doing ok so we went ahead and turned it up to 100% so I wouldn't be there for EVER. Ten minutes past and HELLO allergic reaction! I caught it much faster this time after experiencing it before, I knew I was in trouble. I pushed the nurse call button and he was right there to stop my chemo. They shot me full of more steroids and benadryl BUT I didn't need oxygen this time! woohoo! Go me for catching it quicker! Well...we waited 30 minutes and turned everything back on to start again. And...guess what? Yep, another allergic reaction! So, we stopped this chemo drug PERMANENTLY! They flushed my veins, got my vitals back to normal and sent me home to wait on my Dr. to call.
(3 1/2 hours of FUN) 

But look who came to visit me!



ok, Dr. called, looks like we are going to try an different version of this chemo drug called Abraxane starting next week. THIS drug will NOT cause anaphylactic shock! YAY! Sorry, can you tell I am excited to keep breathing!?
If you have never experienced anaphylactic shock, its scary shit!

*P.S. If you are going to do something...Don't do it half ass! Go ALL the way!*

Oh, and check out Ashlynn's Mohawk



3 comments:

  1. A) AWESOME knitting!!
    B) you are SO STRONG!!!
    C) stupid chemo meds.

    You are going to knock this out of the ballpark. Just need the right combo!

    ReplyDelete